Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

Last night I woke up to the sounds of loud thunder and pouring rain. While the thunderstorm has passed, the rain has continued throughout the day.


I went outside to my usually sunny terrace and snapped a photo of the rain falling on the marble table:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

For some reason, rain captured in black and white makes me think of Paris, even though I have never been there. From what I hear, Kathmandu is definitely not like Paris, but that is neither here nor there.

Rain during this time of year is a bit odd, as we are still squarely in the dry season here in Nepal. But, as confirmed by a seismologist visiting Tia (yes, that's right; I was discussing seismology at the breakfast table), climate change is producing wacky weather patterns everywhere. Survivors of the great Blizzard of 2011, you know what I am talking about.

Thankfully, I am dealing with no blizzards here -- just some passing rain and clouds. The only foreseeable problem is my solar-heated shower. It might be a bucket bath day.

2 comments:

Larson said...

i feel the SAME exact way about rain and black and white and paris :)

Claudine said...

Haha. So you're saying I could have fooled you with the photo, then? In that case, consider a Kathmandu getaway!