Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My New Home in Patan

Yesterday I settled into my new home in Patan. I found the spot through a Google group that people (mostly expats) use to for apartment searches and advertisements, for event announcements, and as a marketplace -- kind of like a simple version of Craig's List, Nepal style.

Tia, a clothing designer from India, owns the three-story home located in the Manbhawan neighborhood of Patan. The house is enclosed by a gate:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It has a lovely yard:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Which boasts a vegetable garden, a gas grill, and, of course, a small footbridge:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The first floor is a shared space, with a kitchen, dining room, and living room. Tia lives on the second floor, along with another American girl who is also a renter (she is back in the U.S. at the moment, so I have not met her yet). And I have the third floor to myself, with a bedroom, sitting room, bathroom, and terrace.

Come back tomorrow for pictures of the interior. In the meantime, I am resting up before my first day of work!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Captured in Nepal: the famed "bridge to nowhere"