Friday, January 21, 2011

Boudhanath

Many of you have complimented the stunning banner on The Kathmanduo homepage, and for that we must thank Brian's brother Luke. He created the banner from a photo of the Boudhanath stupa, a Buddhist pilgrimage site and the heart of the Tibetan Buddhist community in this area.

The last two days I have made my own pilgrimage to Boudhanath, or Boudha for short. It is about a 20 minute walk from Heather's house, and it was lovely to return to the place where I spent every day conducting research in 2003, and where Brian and I spent much time relaxing at rooftop cafes in 2008.

Here is a photo of the stupa:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Beautiful, isn't it?

And a photo of my ginger tea at the Flavors Cafe rooftop, which gave me the amazing view of Boudha above:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Soaking up the warmth of the sun!

No comments: